Avengers: Endgame finally hits theaters tonight, and Fortnite is getting in on the fun with a new Endgame event. Of course, this isn’t our first Fortnite/Marvel mashup, as Thanos has already appeared in the game, but this crossover is more extensive than the first one. This time around, players get a new limited-time mode, in which they have to race to collect the Infinity Stones before Thanos, can earn a variety of Avengers goodies, including the iconic Quinjet, and purchase a couple Avengers outfits – the first is Black Widow, the second will be revealed next week. You can check out a quick teaser trailer for the Endgame event, below.
Here’s how the Endgame limited-time mode works:
Thanos and his Chitauri invade the Battle Royale island, in search of the six Infinity Stones.
- Endgame features a team of heroes fighting to stop Thanos and his Chitauri from claiming all six Infinity Stones.
- Both teams respawn when eliminated until the other side completes their objective.
- On one side is the Hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the enemy team has found all six Infinity Stones.
- Heroes start with a treasure map that leads directly to a Mythic Avengers item.
- Other Avengers items can be found in Chests throughout the map.
- The goal for the Hero team is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
- Team Thanos is comprised of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos himself.
- Chitauri Invaders start with a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
- The first Chitauri to recover an Infinity stone will be transformed into Thanos.
- Thanos has a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack, and the ability to jump high into the air and then smash anything in his way when he comes back down.
Each time an Infinity Stone is claimed, Thanos’ abilities grow more powerful and the Chitauri gain health.
- Reality Stone (Red) = Heath & Shields doubled (1000->2000)
- Soul Stone (Orange) = Siphon activated (grants Thanos shields only)
- Mind Stone (Yellow) = Jump height doubled
- Space Stone (Blue) = Ground Pound AOE size tripled, damage x6
- Time Stone (Green) = Big knockback added to each hit, damage x3
- Power Stone (Purple) = Laser damage x6
- If Thanos is eliminated from the match, another Chitauri will become him after a short wait (unless Thanos is the last one standing).
- If Thanos & the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, Heroes will no longer be able to respawn.
- The goal for Thanos and his army is to find the stones and then eliminate the remaining heroes.
Sounds fun! Let’s just hope Epic employees didn’t work too hard on the update. You can check out the full patch notes for Fortnite version 8.50, right here.
Fortnite is available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile platforms. Avengers: Endgame is in theaters, now!