Every year, the New Mexico Public Education Department takes the opportunity to recognize and honor schools that demonstrate qualitative and quantitative evidence of bilingual and multicultural education program success.
Schools must provide evidence of effectiveness in the following student performance criteria:
- Heritage language proficiency
- Academic proficiency
- English Language proficiency
- Short-cycle assessment demonstration of high growth and/or improvement in reading and math
- Qualitative data that highlights the success, accomplishments and academic achievement of the students served by effective bilingual programming
The following schools received the award:
- Rio Grande High School
- Jimmy Carter Middle School
- Truman Middle School
- George I. Sanchez
- Mary Ann Binford Elementary School
- Rudolfo Anaya Elementary School
We are proud of the school staff, students and community of these schools and thankful for their work and dedication to support Bilingual Education.