Robert Downey Jr. made his comeback and kick-started a million dollar franchise all at once when he played the role of Tony Stark in Iron Man in 2008. Before that, there was not much that the Marvel movie franchise had to offer, apart from a heavily CGI’d Hulk movie, and there was not much that the world knew about The Avengers. However, with the popularity of Iron Man, the number of avid Marvel fans started to grow, and so did the number of superhero movies. By, 2017 there were seven movies in the MCU franchise, and there were still many more to come, four TV shows, several web-series, and one-off film.
It seems that the Marvel universe keeps on expanding every day. With a new movie being released every year featuring Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captian America, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Vision, Doctor Strange, S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents and many more, it can be a little hard to remember the arc of every character in the MCU universe, and even more difficult to remember the sequence of events. Hence with the Avengers: Endgame, Captain Marvel, and Spiderman: Far From Home just around the corner, it might be a great idea to binge watches all of the movies again so that you may get a refresher of sorts.
However, it can be a little difficult to know the correct order to watch Marvel movies; after all, there are so many of them, but the release dates of the film more often than not do not match up to the chronological sequence of the events that occur in the Marvel universe. After all, Captain America released three years after Iron Man, when it was set during the Second World War.
So, without further ado check out Marvel movies in the correct order. Here is how you should watch all of the movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
- Captain America (2011) – The First Avenger – This movie sets the stage for all of the superheroes in the universe. Although this is the fifth movie released by Marvel, chronologically the events of this movie take place before any of the others in the world. Hence, it is a good idea you to start of your Marvel movie binge with this one. At the end of the movie, we have the post-credit scene which is a trailer for The Avengers. Hence, we move on to the next Avenger movie.
- Iron Man (2008) – Next, we come to the film that started it all. We now get to know everyone’s favorite billionaire playboy, and about his technical innovations. Stark is one of the integral characters of the MCU universe, and hence, this movie is quite essential for us to know more about his story. The post-credit scene features Samuel L Jackson, or Nick Fur, who approaches Tony Stark about The Avengers initiative.
- The Incredible Hulk (2008) – The events of this movie take place alongside the events of Thor and Iron Man 2. This action-packed movie features Edward Norton, and unfortunately, at the time, there was no sign of Mark Ruffalo. The film features a Tony Stark cameo, and the post-credits scenes see Stark talk about the Avenger’s Initiative to Thaddeus Ross.
- Iron Man 2 (2010) – Seeing Stark in The Incredible Hulk brings us back to his story, and we jump to Iron Man 2. The move also includes some footage from the Hulk movie, and the post-credit scene features Coulson finding Thir’s hammer. Hence, this movie is the perfect one to watch after The Incredible Hulk, and before you watch Thor.
- Thor (2011) – The God of thunder and the final Avenger is introduced with the help of this movie. Thor, the crown prince of Asgard, must go through his series of adventures before he can prove himself worthy of not only the hammer but being a part of The Avengers as well. In the post credit scene, we are introduced to the Tesseract, which sets the stage for the events of The Avengers.
- The Avengers (2012) – After all of the Avengers have been presented and assembled, we see them in action as a group for the first time in this action-packed multi starrer movie. This movie officially marks the end of Phase 1 one of the MCU, and Phase 2 begins after the Battle of New York is over.
- Iron Man 3 (2013) – Set six months after the events of The Avengers, we see Stark continue to deal with the effects of the Battle of New York.
- Thor: A Dark World (2013) – Set just a year after the events of The Avenger’s we get a glimpse into Thor’s world and how the Battle of New York affected him.
- Guardian Of The Galaxy (2014) – At the end of the Thor: A dark Wolrd, we are introduced to The Collector, and hence, we naturally segue into the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) – Not only is this the right order chronologically but watching these two movies back to back is worth it for the full effect.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) – This movie takes place two years after the events of the Avengers, at the mid-credit scene features two more important characters, Scarlett Witch and Quick Silver.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) – This action-packed movie introduces Vision along with the Pietro twins to the audience.
- Ant-Man (2015) – The final film in Phase 2 of MCU, this movie presents us to Scott Lang, and the post-credit scene helps set the stage for Captain America: Civil War
- Captain America: Civil War (2016) – Set a year after the events of the age of Ultron, we are introduced to the characters of Spider-Man and Black Panther.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) – The post-credit scene for the Civil War which features Peter Parker in his room leads us to this movie.
- Black Panther (2018) – After the events of the Civil War, we see King T’Challa back in his homeland and trying to protect his kingdom.
- Doctor Strange (2016) – Chronologically, this movie should be seen after Black Panther.
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) – The post credit scene for the Doctor Strange movie leads us back to the world of Thor.
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) – The mid-credit scene for Thor Ragnarok leads us into the evens of Infinity War.
- Ant-Man And The Wasp (2018) – The mid-credit scene of this movie shows us how the event of the Infinity War affects the characters and hence chronologically this is the right movie to watch after the Infinity War.
Marvel Movies Trailers in Correct Order
Now that, you’ve read the correct order of Marvel Movies in the above section and know how the dots are connected, here, I am putting trailer of Marvel movies in correct order so that you can chronologically scroll down and watch those Marvel superhero movies trailer you haven’t watched yet and make your mind about whether you want to watch or download that Marvel superheroes movie right now or not.
1. Marvel Captain America (2011) Movie Official Trailer
2. Marvel Iron Man (2008) Movie Official Trailer
3. Marvel The Incredible Hulk (2008) Movie Official Trailer
4. Marvel Iron Man 2 (2010) Movie Official Trailer
5. Marvel Thor (2011) Movie Official Trailer
6. Marvel The Avengers (2012) Movie Official Trailer
7. Marvel Iron Man 3 (2013) Movie Official Trailer
8. Marvel Thor: A Dark World (2013) Movie Official Trailer
9. Marvel Guardian Of The Galaxy (2014) Movie Official Trailer
10. Marvel Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) Movie Official Trailer
11. Marvel Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) Movie Official Trailer
12. Marvel Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) Movie Official Trailer
13. Marvel Ant-Man (2015) Movie Official Trailer
14. Marvel Captain America: Civil War (2016) Movie Official Trailer
15. Marvel Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) Movie Official Trailer
16. Marvel Black Panther (2018) Movie Official Trailer
17. Marvel Doctor Strange (2016) Movie Official Trailer
18. Marvel Thor: Ragnarok (2017) Movie Official Trailer
19. Marvel Avengers: Infinity War (2018) Movie Official Trailer
20. Marvel Ant-Man And The Wasp (2018) Movie Official Trailer
Finally, after this list of Marvel movies in the correct order, we can all agree that the next one should be Captain Marvel and then Avenger’s: Endgame, that we are eagerly waiting for. So, if you haven’t or if you already have, at the end of this article which tells the correct order of all Marvel superheroes movies, its worthwhile to watch the Avengers: Endgame 2019 movie trailer once again which is releasing on 29 April, 2019
Less than 15 days left for Endgame. So, if you haven’t watched any important marvel superhero movies yet, hurry up, watch marvel movies online or download movies in your laptop. Start watching these Marvel superheroes movies so that at the time of release, you have completed your homework pending with MCU Universe.
Other Related Posts