‘Your kind thoughts are the greatest comfort’



King Charles III has spoken out for the first time since Buckingham Palace announced on Feb. 5 that he was diagnosed with cancer.

In a statement released on Saturday, the 75-year-old monarch thanked his supporters for the well-wishes that he received following his health news.

“I would like to express my most heartfelt thanks for the many messages of support and good wishes I have received in recent days,” the King said in the statement released by Buckingham Palace.

“As all those who have been affected by cancer will know, such kind thoughts are the greatest comfort and encouragement.”

“It is equally heartening to hear how sharing my own diagnosis has helped promote public understanding and shine a light on the work of all those organisations which support cancer patients and their families across the U.K. and wider world.”

In a statement released by Buckingham Palace on Saturday, the King thanked his supporters for their well wishes. Getty Images

“My lifelong admiration for their tireless care and dedication is all the greater as a result of my own personal experience,” he continued.

The King’s cancer diagnosis was first revealed on Monday — one week after he left the London Clinic, where he underwent treatment for an enlarged prostate on Jan. 26.

He remained in the clinic for three days before being released.

“I would like to express my most heartfelt thanks for the many messages of support and good wishes I have received in recent days,” he said. Getty Images
“As all those who have been affected by cancer will know, such kind thoughts are the greatest comfort and encouragement,” he also said in the lengthy statement. Getty Images

“During The King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement earlier this week.

“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.”


For more Page Six you love…


“The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible,” the statement said.

Following the cancer reveal, Prince Harry flew to the UK to have a short 45-minute visit with his father. AFP via Getty Images

“His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”

After the cancer news was revealed, Prince Harry jetted off to the UK to be by his estranged father’s side.

The 39-year-old, who has had a rocky relationship with his father since stepping away from his royal duties in 2020, landed at Heathrow Airport in London on Tuesday before making a “quick visit” to Clarence House to see Charles in the afternoon, Page Six exclusively learned.

Prince William also released a statement and thanked the family’s supporters for their heartfelt messages. Getty Images

Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, remained at their home in Montecito, Calif., with their two children, Prince Archie, 4, and Princess Lilibet, 2.

One day after Harry visited Charles in the UK, Harry’s brother, Prince William, released a statement, saying he’s grateful for the support he and his family received following Charles’ cancer diagnosis and his wife, Kate Middleton’s, abdominal surgery.

“I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you, also, for the kind messages of support for Catherine and for my father, especially in recent days. It means a great deal to us all,” he said Wednesday at a gala for London’s Air Ambulance Charity, per a video shared on X.

The Palace has not yet disclosed what kind of cancer Charles was diagnosed with. Getty Images

“It’s fair to say the past few weeks have had a rather medical focus, so I thought I’d come to an Air Ambulance function to get away from it all,” the Prince of Wales, 41, joked.

The Palace has not yet disclosed what kind of cancer Charles was diagnosed with.

However, the Daily Mail reported that his prognosis was “good” and his cancer was caught “very early.” The King even appeared to be in good spirits when he and Queen Camilla departed Clarence House together Tuesday morning.



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top